Monday, January 31, 2011

I think that this is almost a successful photograph.  I think that he has kind of taken the idea of the simplistic everyday a little to far in this image.  It still has very interesting colors and is a unique subject matter but it just doesnt work for me.
This picture is interesting to me mostly because of the way the colors have been muted. The way in which it was shot is also very interesting it is not an angle that you see very often with subject matter like this.  The image has a very somber and depressing feeling which is a great achievement considering what it is of.

This last photograph is successful in my opinion because of the use of color to draw attention to a particular part of the photo.  I also think it is really interesting that he includes a self portrait in his work because it really stands apart from the rest of his imagery.  The way in which the space is divided into thirds by vertical lines is really amazing and well done as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment